1/31/06

HOMEWORK


At school this week I got homework. We're studying life in the ocean and talking about all the creatures that live beneath the sea. My teachers have done a neat job of decorating our classroom with fish and a really big octopus we all made. Tonight I needed Dad's artistic help (because Mom can't draw a fish, let alone follow instructions or so Dad says).
Our homework was to make an aquarium using paper plates, clear saran wrap, and create my own creatures under the sea. We started with Dad drawing what he called fish and Mom ended up drawing what she called a snail (don't ask). It wasn't going well. I cut them out just as they drew them though. Mom said I could just put SpongeBob stickers in my ocean because he lives underwater, that would be easy. Dad didn't agree so he & I took a different creative track.

It said to use whatever materials we wanted inside my ocean. I love those little capsules you put in water and something grows from it. I have several packages in the bathroom drawer. Usually I get one at a time, but tonight during my bath we grew 6! A dolphin, seahorse, crab, submarine, sail fish, and an octopus. I used my glue stick to put them in my ocean after I drew bubbles and grass with my markers. Dad helped. Then Dad closed up the underworld by taping the edges all the way around the paper plate so it would stay together. He said we spent about $10 on tape. Plus what I stole when he wasn't looking.


THE END RESULT IS MY VERSION OF THE SEA!