11/1/06

I ONLY WISH I'D HAD A CAMERA........

I promise in 6 months to take a camera to Ethan's 2nd dentist appointment, only to prove the following is true. Yesterday was Ethan's first visit. On the recommendation of his pediatrician, we opted for a specialized pediatric dentist office that caters to children. I thought it might help ease any fears. It did that and more.

Upon entering this Disneyland office, you'll find a glass enclosed toy room, visible for parents to watch their kids play while waiting, only they did it quietly. It was sound-proof! Wow! The chairs in the waiting room were reclining, which I admit was nice considering I sat out there for 2 1/2 hours. Flat screen t.v.'s with video games hooked up for kids to play was the icing.


We were given a tour of the office, including the luxurious patient rooms with individual flat screen t.v.'s & headphones for each child. There are plush consultation rooms for after the exam & cleaning is completed, where the dentist will meet with the parents. Looking past all that, was a basketball court, where kids shoot baskets with the dentist and win prizes. For the record he watched The Incredibles.

Ethan had absolutely no problem telling me to wait in the waiting room. I was a little surprised, but not after seeing the set-up. Who wouldn't? No fear here. He came to the consultation room with his new dentist carrying a ball and a balloon. Whatever happened to just getting a new standard toothbrush?

Good news is he is brushing well and his teeth look good. Six months from now, we'll do it all again. I'm even thinking of asking if they will accept a 29 year old patient.