9/9/06

Welcome To T-Ball

This Saturday I started playing on an indoor t-ball league. We play on Saturday mornings for 6 weeks. It's a lot of fun! I'm on the Red Team (hint, the red shirt) and I'm #2! (I had no real explanation for choosing that number.)
For the first two innings we hit the ball off of the stand. The last two innings they pitch the ball to us and we hit it. Everyone bats every inning & there really aren't any outs. It is more of an instructional league to show us how to play and learn the rules as we go along. At my first game this morning I did really well. The first lesson I learned about playing baseball today was that when you hit the ball you run to first base (apparently not third). See this is more of a "learning" league & parents help and are on the field. As you can see Dad explaining to me where to run next.
One of the neat things is that my old neighbor & friend, Jake, is playing on my team. So I get to see him every Saturday ~ which is great!
Everyone should come watch me play (and by play I mean mess around on the field). Watching 4 year olds try organized sports is always enjoyable!